I entered Dr. White's office at 1:15 on Tuesday, July 1, 2008. Four days prior my family and I decided to take the plunge. I left my teaching position at Highland High School to enter the doctoral program at UC Davis. This is not the time or forum to discuss all the events that led to this decision, so I will simply state that I made the move because I felt called to do so.
Tobin White and I enjoyed numerous discussions and emails over the past two years. However, I had never met Matt and Kevin who had been involved in the research project for a while. The meeting was a bit awkward since I had very little background about the research they were doing. None of my colleagues have reached their thirtieth birthday, so I found myself to be the only one reaching for my reading glasses during the meeting.
I plan to update this blog between once a week and once per month, depending upon what happens. Those that wish to keep up with my story can check back from time to time. Feel free to write messages to me as comments but keep in mind that everyone who visits this blog will be able to see them.
All for now,
Scot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment