I now sit in my upstairs Fair Oaks "office" blogging with my brand new MacBook Pro. I will be spending a few days moving my work over to the new machine, and testing the new software tools.
Yesterday I presented my first working model to the team. We played with the equation solving activity I developed for about 20 minutes. This time there was quite a bit more criticism and analysis, which I greatly appreciated. I have a list of features that need to be added and a few changes that need to be made. Overall the team seemed to appreciate my efforts for which I am thankful. I feel a strong urge to finish the bulk of the work on this model before classes start on the September 22.
My concern about the commencement of classes rises by the day. For the better part of a quarter century I have been the one teaching the class, not taking it. I'm not sure I know how to do that anymore. It might be easier if I had never been a student. Then I wouldn't vaguely remember those anxious days when concepts seemed to elude me or deadlines seemed unreasonable.
I honestly don't remember very much about my college classes, except for the personalities of the professors, and the way the pursuit of my faith and my scholarship merged. I do remember enjoying the discussions and a strong preference for my own paths of inquiry over those that were required. I believe I am one of only a few doctoral students at the School of Education who has not yet acquired a masters degree, and quite possibly the only one who has never taken statistics. My conversations with the Lord fluctuate between, "What in the world are we doing?" and "Wow! Is this actually my life I'm living?"
Since the day we left the high school, I have sensed the amazing support and prayers of so many folks who love us. I'm convinced God has done "far more than we could ask or think" in great part because we're not the only ones asking. I daily thank the Lord for giving us so many people who love us, not only through their prayers, but in amazing practical ways...which suggests a good topic for the next post.
Take care,
Scot--
No comments:
Post a Comment